Subject: Bug in the latest IC release
From: [email-masked] (Chuck McManis)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 13:49:22 -0400

I can confirm Tom Goodwin's report of his bug and I'll add another minor
one. 

To recap the bug is that you cannot load two files into IC, the second
load always returns "Out of Memory" and exits. Now using menu.c and diag.c
as test programs, these are the cases that work, and the ones that fail:

This works, loads menu.c and diag.c after loading the 6.270 library
	C:\IC> ic diag.lis

This works, loads menu.c, after IC is started we load diag.c
	C:\IC> ic menu.c
		...
		C> load diag.c

This does NOT work, after IC is loaded we load menu.c and diag.c
	C:\IC> ic
		...
		C> load menu.c		<- Works
		C> load diag.c		<- Fails, Out of memory

Anyway you can reproduce this bug at your leisure with these steps.
DOS information: DOS 6.0, 486SL processor, 20MB main memory, 589K memory under
		 the 1M line is available. Windows not running.

The minor bug is in diag.c, line #176 is the line where you select the
motor to frob, unfortunately the statement is:
	int port=(frob_knob()*7)/255;
and the actual use of the variable 'port' is outside of the containing
block. The 'int' declaration defines a new local version of 'port' that
overrides the current version when you exit the block the old one reasserts
itself and the value of 'port' is always 0. The fix is to remove the
'int' declaration on this line.

--Chuck