Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
|Unit Coord.:||Professor Thomas Bräunl|
Semester 2, 6 points
- Discuss the history and evolution of applications of robotics systems and embedded control systems
- Demonstrate basic procedural skills
- Practice enquiry based thinking through foundation knowledge and exploration of conventional and potential applications
- Practice of enquiry based thinking through foundation knowledge and exploration of conventional and potential applications
Technical and other capabilities (professional development)
- Develop and code robot-specific algorithms
- Apply specific AI methods when appropriate
- Effectively use a robot simulation system and physical robot
Introduction and history, Automation, Automotive Systems, Robot Manipulators, Mobile Robots, Kinematics, Localization, Navigation, Mapping, Robot Vision, AI for Robotics
The outcome of in-depth technical competence is assessed via written tests. The outcome of student group work is assessed in assignments and laboratory reports. Individual student skills are assessed via a written report on a robotics project.
| Lab Preparation
|| 8 hrs
|Unit Co-ordinator||Professor Thomas Bräunl, EE 4.15|
|Tutors / Lab / Project Supervisors||Alain Bartels, Ken Foo|
|Textbooks||Embedded Robotics, 3rd Ed., Springer 2008|
|Schaum's Outline of Programming with C, 2nd Edition Byron Gottfried Publisher: McGraw-Hill 1996|
|Lecture Notes VPN req.||see link|
|Programming Courses||Python, Code Academy|
|C++, Code Academy|
|RoboDK Simulator for UR5 simulation and offline programming in your project|
|Excursions||To be advised|
|Photos and Videos 2017|
|Photos & Videos|
| Individual / groups of 2
|Groups of 4|
|Groups of 4|
Each lab is due at the end of the scheduled session, no late submissions will be accepted.
Assignments and reports will receive a 20% penalty for each day late.
All work submitted must be the student's (or group's, resp.) own work.
Citations must be clearly marked as such.
Faculty policies apply for
Penalties, Plagiarism, Scaling, and Appeals.